There are many undesirable situations we encounter in our day to day life. We are quite susceptible to many accidents at our house, work area and while on the road. That is the reason why we have to be cautious of various hazards around us and make sure that we live a safe life; after all, no one wants to be bed-ridden or on wheelchairs for the rest of their lives. There is indeed increase in the number of cases that comes in the sphere of fracture or broken bone injury but fortunately, you can seek compensation for such injuries.
Fracture is any type of crack, breakage or crushing of a bone. Human body has more than 100 bones and any bone can be inflicted by an injury and / or fracture. From time to time we can be inflicted with broken arms, wrists and legs etc; they are the most prevalent ones. Their severity can vary in different cases and without any doubt, fracture in the skull is considered the most serious one as it can lead to brain or spinal cord injury. The long terms repercussions are quite significant in such cases as there can be dysfunctional cognitive processes.
There are many reasons attributing to fractures. In fact, any accident can cause broken bones; still the most common ones remain motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall, sports related injuries etc. High-impact sports, e.g. football or rugby are the most accident prone ones. There can be many unfortunate situations where people have broken bones or fractures but when it happens due to other people’s fault, as in case of road accidents or slip and fall, then you can seek personal injury compensation. In addition to this, there are many people who also file cases when they have work or sport related injuries.
If you God forbid, ever become a victim of a broken bone injury, you should never delay in getting the proper diagnosis. You will be in great trouble if you take these fractures carelessly as such attitude can worsen your case and invite more medical complications. This subsequently will result in higher medical expenses and delay in recovery.
Types of fractures
There are many different types of fractures and among them hairline fracture, displaced fracture, spiral and compound fractures are the most common ones. Similarly there is also comminuted fracture which is usually a result of a serious accident In this type of fracture, bones brake into several pieces. No doubt, treatment of such fractures can cost a fortune. Then there is stress fracture which can be cumulative effect of years of strain and stress on the bones. There are some work settings and sports that have more prevalence of this type of fracture.
There are also some fractures that are found only in children. In the Green stick fracture there is a crack on one side of the bone but there is no breakage, as in children’s case, their bones are still growing and thus, they are more flexible. As a child grows, fracture may lead to deformed bones that can also hamper development of that particular bone. In case of buckle fracture, the bone gets deformed to prevent an actual fracture. Such condition will never occur in an adult as their bones are much more rigid and any unbearable strain will cause actual breakage on the bones.
Proper diagnosis of fracture is a must for suitable treatment. Make sure that if you have faced an accident, you opt for a complete medical checkup and avail services of the best orthodontist.
How to proceed with the personal injury compensation claims?
The major concern of people who face injuries, especially broken bones or fractures, is evaluation of the injury so that they can seek optimum compensation that will cover all eventualities. There is no denying that amount of a claim for a personal injury is very subjective and it remain quite distinctive to the case but there are certain common threads that bind such considerations. In this article, we are going to help you with having an insight into the sphere of compensation pertaining to broken bones or fractures and how you can ensure that you get the amount that you have claimed.
First of all, your foremost responsibility is to bring all evidences of your case in the limelight. You should not leave any stone unturned to make way for apt proofs which clarify that another party is at fault and, therefore, liable to pay you compensation for the damage and loss you have suffered. You need to prove it before the jury. There can be also the case where you have to make a settlement with your insurance company when you are inflicted by a personal injury. In case you find yourself clueless – it is best to seek personal injury attorney to file your case. The sooner you take the right action the more will be the chances of you wining the case.
Now we are going to discuss various aspects of your case that can help you in successfully getting compensation for your broken bones or fractures. These aspects are as follows:
Medical record is the key factor in deciding the compensation amount
Whenever one opt for filing a claim in the zone of personal injury, it is imperative to have corresponding documentation and medical records. This is the primary foundation of your case on which success of your claim depends significantly. You should always take care of medical evidences of your injury. In case you have fracture or broken bones, you need to consider some points like X-ray that can play a crucial role in deciding fate of your case, and in case of broken bones it is like beacon light. It helps in proving your case in your favor, particularly when there are fractured bones. But you need to keep in mind that this won’t be a sufficient proof when we consider various subcategories of broken bones and fractures.
It is the must that you make some estimation for your claim so that you can file your case and seek rightful compensation. It is observed that the process of evaluating damages can be a meticulous task and it tends to remain uncertain till the actual verdict is not announced.
Damage can be divided into following categories:
- Medical expenses – Broken bones can be quite severe and medical professionals have to handle many complications, moreover some fractures require surgeries before it can be treated properly. There can be lot of expenses and they play a major role in deciding the compensation amount.
- Lost wages – Injuries affect productivity of an individual and this ultimately has dire consequences on the professional life of a victim. There are many people who are inflicted by fractures and their work front suffer to a great extent. Here you might be at loss in terms of your regular salaries, and when you have to pay from your pocket to cover medical expenses, the situation turns really miserable. That is why one needs to be very proactive while seeking to file a claim. Incorporating loss in terms of earnings certainly increase the compensation amount. If possible you should provide proper evidence and proofs that can support your case and help you get a well-deserved compensation in the end.
- Emotional pain and suffering – Although it is quite difficult to asses this sphere when compared to much tangible issues like medical expenses and lost earnings, these aspects are now given a lot of precedence as injuries are traumatic and they induce quite a lot of pain, humiliation, misery and haplessness to a victim. The psychological side of accidents can no longer be avoided, especially when injuries affect emotional and mental well-being of a person. Subsequent, depression, stress-disorders and other mental problems are indeed serious when any person goes through medical kerfuffle. When we consider the grave consequences of “amputation” or “brain injuries”, these aspects of pain and suffering does matter a lot and it need to be compensated with other damages.
- Short term and long term effects of an injury – Fractures or broken bones can have both short terms and long terms effect on a person. In case of hair line fractures, a patient becomes susceptible to more serious fractures and damages. Thus, it is important to consider effect of an injury on every level.
In addition to this, there can be damages in terms of “quality of life” which is becoming very prominent when we consider sports related injuries where the career is dependent on the fully-functional body. Here it becomes all the more important to be vigilant of various parameters that contribute to agony of the patient. The compensation money should be able to cover it thoroughly.
How an experienced and expert attorney can help you, immensely?
- Proper estimation of the claim – Many people feel incompetent when it comes to providing right estimation. Lack of information and resources can limit their assessment and they might claim for less. With help of professional legal advisers, you will never have to worry about such thing. Practical experience of an attorney will rescue you. They will cover all the aspects of your damage that ranges from medical bills to sufferings you faced due to broken or fractured bones. There are very few people who can go all alone in fighting for their case. You certainly need experience of a legal expert so that you can take the steps in the apt direction.
- Making your case strong – There can be many loop holes or loose ends in your case that might be used against you as you proceed in the legal process. An attorney can help you in providing the best solutions to your problems. In case there is any week area in your case, an attorney will make every possible effort to make your case stronger.
- Impeccable representation of the case – You need the best person to represent your case. If you are not selecting the right person then you surely reduce your chances of success. With an expert personal injury lawyer there is greater possibility of winning your case as your case will be in the reliable hands. So never be careless when it comes to selection of legal services for your case. This aspect can be the sole determiner of your well-being for times to come.
- Accurate documentation – Documentation process can be really stressful to many. If you are not aware of the required documents that need to be submitted as well as their timelines, your case will start losing its firmness. Services of an attorney will keep you updated about the required process and documents so that there is no scope of any negligence on your front. You can also avoid a delay in settlement of compensation as you have submitted all the documents well on time that will ensure smooth ride for you. Hence, it is quite important that you keep track of the legal formalities by hiring renowned attorney services for your case.
- Negating any kind of stress and hassle – The whole legal process can be very stressful and depleting. With broken bones or fractures to take care of, one can find all the excuses to shun the struggle for compensation. Here, your attorney is your true savior. You will not only save yourself from a lot of stressful scenarios but an able lawyer will make things easier for you.
Now with accessibility of so many provisions like free consultation, free transportation etc. you will never have to fret over anything. Moreover, if you are still not sure whether you should seek an attorney or not, please do consider the fact that you don’t have to pay for their services until you get compensation money in your hands. This revelation certainly will remove your reluctance and help you in seeking apt legal support and services that will help you in receiving your claim money for your suffering.
If you or a loved one has faced a broken bone or fracture injury and needs top-level representation and care, please call fracture (broken bone) injury lawyers at
1 (844) 722-5246 or Book your FREE consultation.