Find the best bicycle injury lawyer for your case
If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident, call us today at (647) 632-4357 for a free consultation to find out what you should do next to help protect your future. Call today or click to schedule your free consultation. We can help you get the compensation that you need to get your life back.
“I called CLAIM ACCIDENT as soon as the accident happened. I learned quickly that they live up to their words ‘one call-that’s all’. Everything else was taken care of for me!”
J.J., North York
The majority of bicycle accidents are the fault of the rider and result in minor, if any, injury. Serious bicycle accidents can be caused by hazards in the environment and/or involve motor vehicles.
About 7,500 Canadian cyclists are killed or seriously injured in accidents every year, according to Statistics Canada. These accidents most often take place in intersections or other locations where there are traffic signals or traffic control signage.
If you are a cyclist who is fortunate enough to survive an accident with a motor vehicle, you probably have serious injuries that require medical attention. Without the assistance of an attorney who specializes in bicycle accidents, it will be very difficult to get the compensation you need to pay for your treatment.
Bicycle Accident Causes
Sometimes there are environmental factors that may cause or contribute to the severity of an accident.
Common factors that a roadway authority may be responsible for include:
- Poorly lit roads
- Incorrect or unclear road markings
- Faulty traffic lights
- No warnings of hazards; hairpin, black ice, wild animals or other hazards
- Loose chippings
- Speed reduction not signposted
Common causes of accidents that other roadway users might be responsible for include:
- Pedestrians walking in or obstructing a bicycle lane
- Hitting or being hit by vehicle doors
- Dangerous driving by motorcyclists and other bicyclists
- Dangerous driving by car or truck drivers
- Road Rage
If your accident may have been the fault of another party, their insurance may be responsible for paying your medical bills and compensating you for other losses, such as lost wages and pain and suffering.
How Can I Get Help with My Medical Bills from my Ontario Bicycle Accident?
You may make a claim for no-fault benefits, either through your own auto insurance or through the insurance company of the driver of the motor vehicle. You are also entitled to sue the driver who hit you. It is a good idea to get a free consultation with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer who can evaluate your case and advise you as to your best course of action.
You may be entitled to benefits even if you were at-fault in the accident and victims of hit and run accidents may make claims against the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund.
In addition to payment for your medical bills, if your situation warrants a lawsuit you may also be eligible for compensation for:
- future medical bills
- lost wages
- lost wages in the future
- pain and suffering
An attorney who specializes in bicycle accidents will be able to create a specific action plan and take you step by step through the process.
Common Injuries from Bicycle Accidents
Some common injuries that pedestrians suffer after an accident include:
- Head trauma. Any head injury can have lasting effects that may not be immediately apparent. You may also have traumatic brain injury, which could affect your quality of life.
- Spinal cord injuries. Mild spinal cord injuries may cause a loss of sensation in localized areas of your body. Severe spinal cord injuries may result in paraplegia or quadriplegia, where you are unable to move whole areas of your body.
- Fractures. Broken bones are always painful and never heal as strong as they were before they were broken.
- Internal injuries. Because they are not visible, rib fractures, damage to internal organs or bleeding beneath the surface of the skin may not be easily identified after a pedestrian accident.
- Pelvic injuries. Damage to the pelvic girdle can make everyday movements, such as walking and sitting up painful or impossible.
- Lacerations, Punctures and Avulsions. Any break in the skin can be dangerous. These three types of cuts can result in tissue damage, injury to internal organs or excessive bleeding.
- Death. There are some accidents that cyclists do not survive.
How Claim Accident Services Can Help You
After a bicycle accident, you need to take action. You need the best health care to make the best possible recovery. You also need to have the right legal advice to help you get the compensation that you need to pay for your treatment and get your life back.
At Claim Accident Services, we take on the time-consuming work of:
- Interviewing and vetting experienced legal representation
- Finding the attorney with the right skill set for your specific needs
- Researching the highest-quality healthcare providers for your injuries
Just one call to Claim Accident Services can get you started. We will listen to your story and put you on the path to recovery.
We have lawyers who specialize in bicycle accidents who will guide you every step of the way through the complex process, whether you shared fault in the collision or not. Our legal team will help you to protect your claim and provide for your future needs and losses.
Our healthcare providers are skilled at treating a wide range of injuries such as sprains and strains, soft tissue injuries, fractures, head injuries, herniated discs, spinal cord injury and paralysis, torn ligaments, facial injuries, scarring, loss of limbs and internal organ damage. They can set you up for a successful recovery.
Our reputation rests on the quality of our providers, so we only choose the best for you.
Why Hire A Lawyer?
Some people are reluctant to hire a lawyer after an accident because they worry that a lawsuit would somehow harm the person who was at-fault in the accident.
This is an unnecessary concern. In a typical scenario, the at-fault individual would only have to spend a few hours in examination during the discovery phase of the trial, if he or she is even involved in the lawsuit at all. Insurance exists to prevent individuals from having to bear these costs.
Others victims may believe that people who file lawsuits are trying to get money that they don’t deserve. This couldn’t be farther from the truth.
Unfortunately, many victims fail to pursue legal recourse against insurance companies because they believe the propaganda.
This leaves money that can help them recover from their injuries and regain their quality of life in the bank accounts of big insurance companies.
Why Choose Claim Accident Services
- Pay nothing until we win your case
- Get help, even if you were at fault in the accident
- Have a better recovery with professional rehabilitation services
- Get the MAXIMUM compensation possible for your case
- FREE transportation to and from your legal/medical visits
- FREE consultation
- FREE case evaluation
We Can Help You With:
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear Impact Collisions
- Side Impact Collisions
- Runoff Collisions
- Hydroplane Collisions
- Fender Benders
- Traffic Violations resulting in Car Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- TTC Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Electric Scooter (E-Scooter) Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Taxicab Accidents
Our lawyers serve the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) including Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Mississauga, Brampton, North York, Richmond Hill, and Markham, as well as Oakville, Barrie, Collingwood, Niagara Falls, London, Waterloo / Kitchener and surrounding areas.
We can help you get your life back after a catastrophic accident. Call us at (647) 632-4357 to get started.