Motorcycle Accident Claims
Motorcycle and bicycle accidents are terrifying. With only your helmet and clothes to protect you against other vehicles, obstacles and the road, you are much more likely to suffer serious injuries if you get into an accident riding a motorcycle than you would if you were driving a car.
After being in an accident, it is very common to feel anxious and vulnerable, even when you are not on the road.
More than 12% of motor vehicle accidents in Canada that ended in fatalities or serious injuries in 2017 involved motorcycles. More than 4% of accidents involved bicycles.
Motorcycle and bicycle riders share the road with vehicles that outweigh them, driven by drivers that may be in a hurry, lost or distracted by their mobile phones. When motorcycles or bicycles and automobiles collide, the smaller and lighter vehicle always loses.
Having the right personal injury lawyer who is experienced with motorcycle and bicycle accidents can make a big difference in the amount of compensation that you will end up with—and as a motorcycle or bicycle rider, the amount of your settlement can be considerable.
Types of Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents
Some common ways that motorcycle may occur are when:
- Blind Spot Accidents. A driver fails to see a motorcycle riding in his or her blind spot when merging.
- Left Turn Accidents. Motorists fail to yield to an oncoming bicycle or motorcycle when turning left
- Right Turn Accidents. A car passes a bicycle rider and then turns right in front of the bicycle, causing the bicycle to hit the car.
- Rear-end accidents. The driver was tailgating or not paying attention.
- Intersection crashes. Drivers or motorcycle riders anticipate the green light or run the red light.
- Head-on crashes. The driver or motorcycle rider loses control of the vehicle or accidentally strays into oncoming traffic.
In Ontario, the medical costs resulting from motorcycle accidents are 6 times higher than the costs from automobile accidents.
Some factors that make motorcycle accidents and bicycle accidents more likely are:
- Unexpected Weather Conditions
- Obstacles That Should Not Be in the Road
- Taking Turns Too Quickly
- Excessive Speed
- Distracted Drivers
- Drivers Who Tailgate
- Equipment Failure
- Driving While Impaired
What to do After a Motorcycle or Bicycle Accident
If you do get into an accident, what you do next will make a big difference in the quality of life that you will have for the future and the judgement and compensation that you will receive.
At Claim Accident Services, we help motorcycle and bicycle riders in the Greater Toronto Area recover both physically and financially from accidents, regardless of who is at fault. If you’re not at fault, you can get benefits from the other party’s insurance and your own; if you are at fault, you’re entitled to benefits through your insurance.
Our legal team has a track record of success representing clients with many injuries, such as:
- Fractured (Broken) Bones
- Brain Injury
- Neck Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Internal Organ Damage
- Injury to Legs, Feet and Knees
- Shoulder, Torso, Wrist or Hand Injury
- Loss of Limbs
In Ontario, motorcycle riders are 10 times more likely to suffer serious injuries than automobile drivers. There are also up to 35% more deaths from motorcycle accidents than from car accidents. Other motor vehicle riders have seatbelts and crumple zones that can absorb the impact of the collision. Motorcycle riders do not have this layer of protection and their bodies bear the brunt of the impact.
If a motorcycle accident ended in a fatality for your loved one, you may be entitled to compensation to help pay for funeral expenses, medical bills, loss of income and pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one has been in a bicycle or motorcycle accident and needs quality representation and care, contact Claim Accident Services today to get the care and compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Claim Accident Services?
- We have lawyers who specialize in Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents
- Pay nothing until we win your case
- Get help, even if you were at fault in the accident
- Recover faster with professional rehabilitation services
- Get the MAXIMUM compensation possible for your case
- FREE transportation to and from your legal/medical visits
- FREE consultation
- FREE case evaluation
Our lawyers serve the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) including Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Mississauga, Brampton, North York, Richmond Hill, and Markham, as well as Oakville, Barrie, Collingwood, Niagara Falls, London, Waterloo / Kitchener and surrounding areas.