When people get involved in a car accident and are inflicted by injuries then they are surely in a dire situation. On one hand they have to seek medical treatment to cure their injuries, and simultaneously they have to bear financial burden of medical expenses. The situation tends to worsen when the legal complication to seek a compensation amount is taken into account. But it is obvious that an injured person cannot get involved in legal proceedings. That is why they are given provision to attain maximum medical recovery before they embark on their journey towards getting the claim amount for the loss and damage they have suffered.
In this article, we are going to provide you some insights into Maximum Medical Recovery and how it can help you if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident. First of all, Maximum Medical Recovery is the particular stage when a person who has suffered injuries had completed the treatment process and recovered from all the injuries. In many situations it is also considered as a stage where a person has been stabilized from complicated traumas and he/she can take charge of deciding about the treatment options available for overcoming from injuries. It includes all medical care options, such as current treatment procedures, costs regarding treatment and also the fact if treatment can help to avoid permanent disabilities or not. It is a very important point that makes huge impact on a personal injury claim as well. Hence, if you are filing for a personal injury claim then you need to be aware of this aspect to make sure that the legal system comes to your rescue when you have faced injuries in a car accident.
It is strongly advisable that you take action to buy as much time as you can before settlement because that will help you in completing most of treatment procedures and which can be included in the settlement. It is also quite crucial attributing to the fact that most people can’t calculate exact amount of compensation that is required for avoiding financial loss in terms of treatment expenses, lost work opportunities and many other important aspects. If you have completed the settlement procedure then you are the only person liable for paying all the things including your personal expenses in case you suffered injuries afterwards. Hence, you need to be vigilant about these facts before hand. Moreover, it has been noted that certain hidden injuries pertaining to a car accident take considerable time to manifest on surface. Here, if you don’t take the necessary time for getting proper medical examination, you will be in real fix!
You can start other processes of claiming personal injury that can make your claim valid only when you have reached the optimum stage of medical improvement. But, you need to keep in mind that you file a claim well before the deadlines or otherwise insurance company can reject your claim. You should complete the claim file with complete record of your medical expenses, lost income, suffering and other things that you have faced after your accident. You can start the settlement process according to your comfort or after MMI as the court will only accept your application for claim or settlement with your insurance provider. You should visit your doctor on schedule and should not avoid any treatment processes as any avoidance in medical treatment can reduce significant amount of money from compensation and above all, it is your well-being that will be at stake! Hence, there should be no negligence on this part. You should make sure that you are taking necessary health care that should facilitate your recovery process from injuries happened due to an auto accident.
Now we are going to reveal to you the benefits which you can secure by making an insurance claim settlement after Maximum Medical Recovery:
- Reduce risk of financial loss: There are great risks involved with settlements well before recovering from your injuries or at least reaching the MMI stage. There are also many examples where people faced serious financial loss by agreeing the settlement too fast. You should complete most of treatments before a settlement as that will reduce the chances of further complications. It is observed that medical professionals come to know about seriousness of some injuries after some time. There are many cases where people never calculated further complications which related to their injuries. For example, if a person has a head injury and at the time of the settlement it was calculated as a minor injury, it may happen that after a few months it turns out to be a critical one but then the person won’t be able to file a claim again, as the court has already finalized the compensation. From the moment the settlement is done, you will be the liable party for further medical and personal expenses. It can lead to further financial loss so you should make sure that you should not start your settlement process until you have reached the MMI stage.
- Buy extra time for gathering evidence: You can avail the compensation amount only when you have right evidence and certainly, if you have been injured in a car accident, you won’t be able to seek evidence there and then! When you have recovered from your injuries, you will be able to have sufficient energy, resources and stamina to seek evidences which make your case stronger. But it is always suggested that you seek help of an experienced personal injury attorney so that experts can take care of these things for you. This decision can reduce a lot of stress and hassle pertaining to your case.
- Accurate calculation of your lost income: When you go through a problem, then only you will be able to know its full impact on different aspects of your life. Being injured in a car collision is certainly a critical situation for a victim and that is why it’s full effect is evident after the person has undergone medical treatment. As you complete medical treatment and reach the MMI stage then only you be become clearer about your loss and damage, especially what concerns your finances. The number of days lost from your job, lost income, loss of job, long-term effects of injuries on your job and all other aftermath of a motor vehicle accident become apparent with time. Hence, when you have recovered from your injuries and a considerable time elapsed form the accident, you will have a more clear picture of your lost income. This way, you will be more accurate for the compensation amount that you will be filling for. This certainly will keep a lot of disappointment at bay which will inevitably become a part of victim’s life after facing injuries in a car accident.
- Avoiding further medical complications: There are many cases when people have never paid enough attention to such a problem as severe injuries. Many people opt for limited medical services for their injuries as they think they have faced minor injuries. You should not hesitate in going through complete medical tests. You are not only risking your health but also your productivity and professional life if you show any carelessness in seeking medical treatment. You should not be worried about medical expenses at the time when your well-being is the top priority. Moreover, if you are not at fault in a car accident then you will be compensated thoroughly. Hence, it is our serious advice that you should never be negligent when it comes to car accident injuries. Your casual attitude may invite a lot of medical complications in coming times, which will be accompanied with financial and psychological complexities as well. So tread very carefully!
- Best platform for making decision: If you are seeking the right time for making settlement then MMI is the perfect platform. Medical health care service providers will provide you MMI only after they are satisfied with your recovery and there is no further chance of any serious injuries. Definitely, you should not opt for settlement before maximum medical recovery. You should also consult with your personal injury lawyer for making settlement as they will guide you in getting extended time period for recovery as well has help you in claim settlement. Their expertise will help you making things much easier and stress free for sure.
The following are things that you should keep in mind for securing rightful compensation for car accident injuries:
- Hiring the best attorney: There is no denying that you should hire an experienced and well qualified attorney as it can make significant difference in your whole case. Normally people are unaware of their legal rights, provisions etc which can help them in increasing their compensation amount. Another benefit that you can secure by hiring an expert lawyer is that he/she will make your case very strong by providing perfect documentation. People can’t compile various documents on their own but with an attorney’s help they can file for a claim more confidently. There are many examples where claims have been rejected by insurance companies because people failed to provide complete documentation well within the time period given. Here are qualities that must be present in your ideal attorney:
- An attorney should have vast experience with your type of cases, because only experienced service providers can solve problems in the most efficient and professional way
- You should only opt for attorney services that are well within your budget. Mostly attorneys will charge you after you have secured a compensation in your favor. You should consider opting for such kind of a legal service provider
- A good attorney should always be ready to help you with your case. There are many examples where lack of communication between an attorney and a plaintiff lead towards disappointment. So make sure your attorney has sufficient time, resources and legal professionals to handle your case.
- Providing accurate information: You should never hide anything from your attorney and should discuss the complete scene in details. Many people try to act smart and hide facts from their attorneys. That makes the situation more complicated as in case questions are raised on the basis of a missing link, and then your attorney won’t have any answers to it. Surely, that will provoke a judge to rule the decision in favor of another party. If you want to avoid such situations then you should share all necessary information with your lawyer. It is also important because your lawyer can only help you if you provide accurate information. If you provide exact facts and figures then will be much more easy to find witnesses which can make your case very strong. Correct information will also help with avoiding any kind of loop hole that can delay results or can lead towards unfair settlement.
- Ensuring proper treatment: If you want to win your case then you should not take any kind of chances with your treatment. Most people avoid treatment and make settlement before MMI. You should think twice as that can lead towards greater losses in future. You can face a more serious injury which you never expected, and you will have to pay from your pocket for its treatment. You can’t file a case against the insurance company, once you have accepted settlement. If you are seeking to make settlement then make sure your attorney is also present at that time.
We have provided you with some information that may surely help you in reducing financial loss if you have faced injuries after being involved in a car accident. It is recommended that you follow all these steps carefully. Make sure to hire a legal service provider for overcoming legal troubles and securing great benefits. There are many people who think that they should not hire an attorney. You should consider the benefits that you will get after hiring legal help once for sure. Indubitably, you can secure a desirable amount of compensation only if you have hired the best attorney. So don’t take any kind of risk with your compensation and hire a lawyer at the soonest!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident and needs top-level representation and care, please call motor vehicle accident lawyers at
1 (844) 722-5246 or Book your FREE consultation.